Calling nature enthusiasts, experts, recorders, learners! Can you help us to discover and celebrate the biodiversity of the Edinburgh garden? RBGE is hosting a Big Botanics Wildlife Weekend on the weekend of Saturday 9th to Sunday 10th June 2018.
The main event is based around a bioblitz from 9.00 am on Saturday to 4.00 pm on Sunday involving internal experts from horticulture, visitor welcome, education and science as well as some external partners, this is where you come in!
Everything counts so whatever your interest please let us know if you are available and interested in:
- surveying and recording particular species (note which)
- running public engagement activities such as pond dipping, bug hunting, bird watching
- running a workshop/talk around the themes of identifying species, why biodiversity is important
- running a workshop/talk on how to attract wildlife to your garden and how to report sightings
- leading a more exclusive bat or badger walk in the evening of Saturday 9th June
- leading a more exclusive bird walk on the morning of Sunday 10th June
- leading an exclusive morning with moths session on Sunday (and maybe also Saturday morning)
- other ideas welcome