Situated within the garden are several pieces of sculpture, many linked to the gallery at Inverleith House and its past use as the Scottish Gallery of Modern Art.
International Day of Forests 2021 – Resilience BenchOn this year’s International Day of Forests, we are taking a look at our newest permanent work by Angus Ross, Resilience Bench, which took up residence in Inverleith House when we reopened between national lockdowns in October 2020.
Early Warning SignsIn a time of such unpredictable global conditions, we can’t pull ourselves away from thinking about the timely delivery of RBGE’s newly adopted artwork Early Warning Signs. Taking up a prominent position at the entrance to Inverleith House at the beginning of this year, it seems only too fitting that the spinning ‘climate/change’ (‘change/climate’) sign arrived during a particularly stormy January.
Mystery stoneHave you ever wondered what the stone situated to the west of the beech hedge at RBGE is? Have you even noticed it’s there? The lump of red...
Haus Wittgenstein/Inverleith HouseHaus Wittgenstein/Inverleith House Artist: Alan Johnston Date: 1995 Materials: Beeswax, charcoal and varnish on stone Ownership: On permanent loan from the artist Made to accompany the award-winning exhibition...
Bute Memorial BenchCommissioned by Lady Bute as a memorial to her husband John, Sixth Marquess of Bute.
Rock Form (Porthcurno)Rock Form (Porthcurno) reflects Hepworth's on-going interest in the relationship between landscape and human interest.
Ascending Form (Gloria)This is one of Hepworth's earliest large-scale bronzes, featuring two diamond shapes, the larger sitting on top of the smaller, suggesting growth and upward movement.
Linnaeus MonumentThe Linnaeus Monument was erected by John Hope a year after Linneaus' death. The monument, built at Hope's own expense, is a lasting testament to his regard for Linnaeus.
Hammered steel, reflected gloryCrafted from steel in the heat of a forge the gates at the top of the east drive are best appreciated when the early morning sun is reflecting...
- Florilegium: A gathering of flowers
- Closing the Loop
- Mysteries inside the RBGE Illustrations Collection
- Early Warning Signs
- Part 2/2: 'Sensing and Presencing the Imperceptible', Siân Bowen's Micro-conference
- Part 1/2: 'Sensing and Presencing the Imperceptible', Siân Bowen's Micro-conference
- Siân Bowen's Leverhulme Research Fellowship Exhibition: After Hortus Malabaricus: Sensing and Presencing Rare Plants
- Microsculpture at Inverleith House
- Spinning a Yarn
- A sculptural take on our Herbarium collection
- Plant Scenery of the World
- Curious objects - contemporary art and palms
- Haus Wittgenstein/Inverleith House
- Sculptures in Inverleith Garden
- Bute Memorial Bench
- Rock Form (Porthcurno)
- Ascending Form (Gloria)
- Linnaeus Monument